Saturday, December 14, 2013

SCI-FI PHOTOSHOP CONTEST



Below is a direct quote from Rhys:

-------

Hello to everyone at project Sci-Fi,

I would like to submit my entry for the Scifi Photo and Photoshop contest.

My entry in based on racing the 'Light Cycles' from Tron and Tron Legacy.

Since there are so many motorcycles in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City, I thought this was a very relevant subject matter.
The backdrop is Ben Thanh Market, complete with roundabout and statue. A very recognisable landmark of Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City
Also a very busy place with traffic coming from all directions. Definitely not a place to be racing motorcycles except in Photoshop.
Finally I thought it would be a nice touch, to use fairly normal motorcycles, the kind you can see every day in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City, and them transform them in Photoshop. More of a 'Light Scooter'.

I also attach reference to the movie and a low res jpeg of my original shots as proof that this is all my own work. I can provide higher res if requested.

-------

What is the relevance? We are all students in the broad discipline of design. We refuse to be complacent; continuously honing our chops to be better & stronger. This contest is indeed fun and exciting, but also shows of AP Branding's competitive nature. We are committed to underpin our craft and be the best that we could possibly be; so we can continue to delight and excite our clients with work that is moving and engaging. BTW, Rhys did win the Audience Award Category for the contest:)

No comments:

Post a Comment